FIRST EDITION CALL FOR PAPERS.
This issue will mark the relaunch of Autism Policy & Practice as an international scholarly journal.
We welcome submissions from academics and expert practitioners, and especially from those who are themselves on the autism spectrum, on the following topics related to this broad theme:
- What is the current state of autism-related practice in key fields such as education, employment, and healthcare?
- In what ways are current practices in fields such as education, employment and healthcare underpinned (or not) by well-designed public or institutional policy
- What new forms of policy development are needed, and how might these be actioned?
- What differences can be observed and analysed between subgroups, with attention to intersectional identities, regarding autism-related practices and/or policies?
- What practical steps can practitioners and policymakers take to include a diverse cross-section of people with autism in policymaking, programme/service design and service delivery?
- What methods could be suitable for improving the article publishing process for autistic authors, from submission through to article publishing?
Related topics are also welcome: please contact our editorial board.
Deadline for submissions for first edition is 31st of July 2018.
We look forward to receiving your submissions.
Autism Policy and Practice Editor Team.